Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Woo Hoo it's blooooooo!!!

We found out! And we couldn't be happier! IT"S A BOY!! Wow. I cried when she told us. I couldn't have cared either way, but it's great to know and to find out he's all healthy. He's growing wonderfully. I'm amazed at his growth too. At my first scan at 18 weeks he was measuring one week behind but at my more recent scan he was measuring a day ahead! I couldn't believe it! It's wonderful. So I went out and bought my first gender specific item. Three little blue onsies with cars on them. Hehe. So cute. I do have to go back at 24 weeks for another scan because they think there was an amniotic band but they're not sure. If you don't know what this is, it's a thin piece of the amniotic sac that has broken away and is floating around in the amniotic fluid and it can wrap itself around part of bub and as he grows it can basically cut the circulation off and essentially almost amputate the part of the body. But, it is very rare and highly unlikely that that's what it is. So I'm not worried at this stage. If it's anything then it's more likely to be an amniotic sheet which does no harm to bub at all.If it was the former then it would have been picked up at an earlier scan and there were no other signs to say that it was there. Bub looks perfectly fine and healthy, plus another scan just means I get to see him again in a few weeks! So here are the pictures I got of him.


                                                      Here he is at 20 weeks and 1 day.

                                                               And here are his feet.

1 comment:

  1. Hi
    I am so happy to hear things are going well for you and ig gives me hope reading this I have had 2mc and am currently 34 weeks pregnant with a girl but sadly she is not expected to live but i could never abort a pregnancy but hearing your story does give me hope. All the best for the future.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete